AMALGAMATED Instrument Co Pty Ltd (AIC) has introduced a panel mount monitor to fill a long-vacant niche in process control instrumentation, the PM4-IV2. It is a dual bargraph display in a 1/8 DIN panel mount enclosure.
Each of the two 32 segment bargraphs can be independently scaled. The display can be configured to show a solid bar or a single segment point.
Features of the PM4-IV2 include:
* Bright 32 segment red LED bars
* Inputs - 4-20mA, 0-2Vdc or 20Vdc - selectable by user
* 1kV isolation between input and input and between power supply and inputs
* Scaling setup using pushbuttons on rear of display and a mA or dcV source.
* 240Vac, 110Vac, 24Vac or 12 - 48Vdc power supplies available with others on request.
* Monitoring levels in tanks to compare contents
* Monitoring and comparing engine outputs for throttle adjustment
* Flow into and out of a tank or system
* Actual versus theoretical targets
A bargraph display is suitable where a quick visual check of data is required and a dual bargraph can convey a wealth of information and comparison data quickly and intuitively.