The JOLA Leckstar range of leak and spill detectors is suitable for conductive liquids such as water and acids.
The liquid spill detectors are designed to signal the presence of spilled water or acids caused by burst pipes or tank leaks.
The leak and spill detectors are designed for installation in normally dry environments.
The electrodes include:
- Plate electrodes
- Rod electrodes
- Suspension electrodes
- Cable electrodes
- Tape electrodes
A typical installation will consist of an electrode connected to the Leckstar relay unit for alarm generation and warning of any acid/ water spill or leakage. The relay unit comes with the option of cable break monitoring and can be installed in any switch cabinet.
- Signals the presence of a conductive liquid caused by burst pipes or tank leaks
- Electrode plates are installed pointing downwards
- Can be used on floors or in false ceilings
- When two electrode plates of a plate electrode come into contact with a conductive liquid, an electrical contact is made and alarm signal given
- Installed from the top or the side, ensuring that the rod tips are just above the floor to be monitored
- Alarm is sounded when the two non-insulated electrode rod sensor surfaces of a rod electrode come into contact with a conductive liquid and electrical contact is made
- Can be installed pointing downwards
- When the two electrode rods of a suspension electrode come into contact with a conductive liquid, an electrical contact is made and an alarm signal given
Cable electrodes and tape electrodes
- Can be used on floors, in false ceilings, alongside pipes or in double-pipe systems
- Installed at the lowest point of the potential hazard area to be monitored
- Alarm is sounded if the two stainless steel ropes of a cable or tape electrode come into contact with a conductive liquid and an electrical contact is made