Altronic Distributors are happy to be supplying two new models of soldering irons form Micron. The two new soldering irons have been introduced to replace the long established 40 Watt and 60 Watt models with significant process upgrades.
The T 2416 45 Watt soldering iron replaces the 40 Watt T 2443, whilst the 60 Watt T 2438 is superseded by the new 80 Watt T 2418 model.
Both models of the soldering iron are suitable for factory production bench applications, as well as for the home hobbyist.
The main unit of the soldering irons are separate from the iron holder and tip cleaner, enabling the handpiece to sit away from the controller and saving on benchtop space.
Features of the new soldering iron models include:
- keypad temperature control,
- temperature lockout,
- 4 digit, seven segment display,
- more precise control of temperature,
- comfortable slimline handpiece, insulated ceramic heating element,
- instant temperature recovery when soldering larger components,
- ESD safe internal circuitry and handpiece,
- external grounding socket on the main unit,
- wrist strap for extra protection,
- suitable for lead free (RoHS) soldering,
- solid metal housing,
- provided with 2 year warranty,
- available with a full range of tips,
- spare parts are easy to source.
The new soldering irons are compatible with the new 'Mini-Wave' range of tips, designed for the hand soldering of surface mount devices.