Altronic Distributors have released soldering stations designed for lead free soldering applications due to the introduction of the RoHS “green” standard. These soldering stations generate high tip temperatures, adjustable from 250°C to 500°C suitable for use with lead free solder. A power saving mode increases tip life dramatically by cutting the tip temperature to half after 15 minutes of not being used. This reduces power consumption and tip wear, making the T 2460 a true “green” soldering iron.
Features of the soldering stations include:
- Each of the soldering stations feature a high quality ceramic heating element allows rapid tip heat recovery and temperature consistency
- For fine tuning, the soldering stations are equipped with a temperature offset feature to ensure accurate calibration
- Temperature may also be locked (with password if required)
- For SMD soldering applications, the optional T 2461 tweezer handle can be plugged into the station
- This is ideal for SMD prototyping and re-work in R&D or service environments
- Also included on the soldering stations is an iron safety stand with integral dry soldering tip cleaner