Alternative Engineering Components offers the Ultem l000 polyetherimide (PEI), an amorphous polymer featuring high strength and excellent flame and heat resistance.
Given its ability to continuously perform to 340°F (170°C), this polymer is the ideal material for high strength/high heat applications, and for those requiring consistent dielectric properties over a wide frequency range.
The following are some of the specifications of the Ultem l000 polyetherimide (PEI):
- Hydrolysis resistant,
- Highly resistant to acidic solutions
- Capable of withstanding repeated autoclaving cycles.
- High strength
- Performs in continuous use to 340°F (170°C)
- High dielectric strength UL 94-V-0 rated with low smoke KPSI
- Available in glass-reinforced grades