Celazole PBI is the highest performance engineering thermoplastic available today and a very attractive material for semiconductor manufacturers of vacuum chamber applications.
As one of the various materials used by Alternative Engineering Components ' s in their manufacturing processes, Celazole offers the highest heat resistance and mechanical property retention over 400F of any unfilled plastic. With better wear resistance and load carrying capabilities at extreme temperatures than any other reinforced or unreinforced engineering plastic, Celazole PBI is very "clean" in terms of ionic impurity and it does not outgas (except water).
Some of the properties of Celazole include:
- Highest mechanical properties of any plastic above 400F (204C)
- Highest heat deflection temperature 800F (427C), with a continuous service capability of 750F (399C) in inert environments, or 650F (343C) in air with short term exposure potential to 1,000F (538C)
- Lowest coefficient of thermal expansion and highest compressive strength of all.
- Excellent ultrasonic transparency which makes it an ideal choice for parts such as probe tip lenses in ultrasonic measuring equipment.
- Excellent thermal insulator.