Allplastics Engineering offer Polyurethane products in a wide range of shore hardness from eraser soft to cricket ball hard.
Polyurethane (PU) or Urethane is a thermoset elastomer, the hardness of which is a consequence of the molecular structure of Polyurethane, not by the addition of fillers.
Polyurethane products have a high resistance to abrasion, oils, various chemicals, solvents and oxidation, while maintaining resilience and high tensile strength.
Allplastics offers a machining service on this unique elastomer that combines the advantages of plastics with the elasticity of rubber.
Polyurethane products are cast (poured) into shapes and posses the following features:
- Corrosion resistant
- Excellent bonding and moulding capability
- Fatigue resistance
- High impact resistance
- High load bearing capacity
- Noise reduction
- Non marking of painted surfaces
- Remains flexible at low temperatures
- Superior abrasion and tear resistance
- Wide range of hardness
Allplastics Polyurethane products are available in Polyurethane rods (10mm dia to 150mm), sheets (3mm thick to 50mm) and tubes (made to order) and are suitable for use in the following applications:
- Bumpers and isolators
- Conveyor drive and idle rollers
- Hydraulic seals, wipers, washers
- Industrial rollers and wheel coatings
- Pump impellers
- Scraper blades