Polyurethane (PU) or urethane supplied by Allplastics Engineering is a thermoset elastomer available in a wide shore hardness range from eraser soft to cricket ball hard.
The molecular structure of polyurethane is responsible for the hardness.
Polyurethane offers excellent resistance to abrasion, oils, chemicals, solvents and oxidation while maintaining high tensile strength and resilience. Polyurethane is cast into shapes.
Allplastics offers a machining service for polyurethane that combines the elasticity of rubber with the advantages of plastics.
Allplastics offers sheets, rods and tubes in polyurethane material.
Key advantages of polyurethane:
- Superior abrasion and tear resistance
- Excellent bonding and moulding capability
- High load-bearing capacity
- Noise reduction
- Non-marking on painted surfaces
- Wide hardness range
- High impact resistance
- Flexible at low temperatures
- Fatigue resistance
- Hydraulic seals, wipers and washers
- Pump impellers
- Scraper blades
- Conveyor drive and idle rollers
- Industrial rollers and wheel coatings
- Bumpers and isolators
- Rod diameter: 10mm - 150mm
- Sheet thickness: 3mm - 50mm
- Tubes made to order