RTD Embedded Technologies represented in Australia by Allied Data Systems has introduced the GPS16160HR PC/104 GPS 12 satellite receiver peripheral modules. The GPS16160HR interface modules also supply 16 bits of general purpose digital I/O.
The GPS16160HR provides a low power, wide operating temperature range (-40°C to +85°C) GPS receiver module.
The PC/104 GPS 12 interface modules are designed using a fast fix 12-channel low power iTrax03-02 GPS receiver from Fastrax.
Starter kits are available to assist the first-time user to get up and running quickly. The antenna connection is brought to the front side of the IDAN-frame in IDAN installations.
Features of PC/104 GPS Interface Modules
- Fastrax iTrax03-02 GPS engine
- L1 frequency, C/A code (SPS)
- 12-channel satellite tracking
- Position accuracy: 1m (CEP50), 1.2m (CEP95)
- Velocity accuracy of 0.1m/s
- Time accuracy of 20 ns RMS
- 1Hz update rate (configurable up to 3Hz)
- Tracking sensitivity down to -156 dBm
- Choice of GPS message formats: ASCII: NMEA-0183, Binary: Fastrax iTalk 3
- (SBAS) Satellite-Based Augmentation System
- (WAAS) Wide-Area Augmentation System
- (EGNOS) European Geo-Stationary Navigation System
- (MSAS) MTSAT Satellite-Based Augmentation System
- Supports active (+3.3V or +5V) and passive antennas
- OSX/MCX antenna jack
- Standard 16C550 UART Interface
- Compatible with all modern operating systems
- Jumper-selectable Base Address and IRQ
- 1 PPS on carrier-detect
- TX and RX only, no flow control or handshaking required