RTD Embedded Technologies represented in Australia by Allied Data Systems has introduced the DPM104HR dual port memory interface modules for use in fault-tolerant redundant systems or PC/104-based control systems requiring multiprocessing capabilities over the PC/AT bus.
RTD provides example programs and drivers for Windows and Linux including source code. These drivers and programs let the user set up communication between the two sides of the shared memory with maximum flexibility.
The user can run different operating systems on different sides of the shared memory. For instance, WIN NT 4.0 can be used on one side of the DPM104HR board for user interface services, while a control algorithm can be executed under Linux on the other side. Both processes can then work independently of each other.
The dual port memory interface modules can operate in an extended temperature range of -40ºC to +85ºC.
Features of PC/104 Dual Port Memory Interface Modules
- Dual port SRAM board features two 16-bit PC/104 bus interfaces with 16KB of static RAM
- Flexible software control can be achieved by using semaphores and interrupts for signalling between the two sides of the shared memory
- Memory mapped into low PC/AT memory space
- Interrupts are jumper selectable in the range from IRQ5 to IRQ15
- Both sides of the shared dual port SRAM may be configured independently
- Two 16-bit wide ISA-buses
- Interrupt and semaphore support
- External 3.6V battery for memory backup
- +5V only operation
- Extended temperature range: -40ºC to +85ºC