RTD Embedded Technologies, represented in Australia by Allied Data Systems , has released SDM series smart dataModules with Autonomous SmartCal.
SDM series Smart dataModules feature a DSP for operating system and driver independent, multi-range auto-calibration. An onboard temperature sensor enables triggering auto-calibration in dynamic thermal environments.
The OS-independent Autonomous SmartCal performs an in-circuit offset and gain adjustment for all ranges in under 300ms. Calibration values acquired from the last user calibration are loaded at power up.
Factory calibration defaults can be loaded. Smart dataModules feature onboard external Flash and internal DSP SRAM for user DSP applications, and are available in PC/104, PC/104-Plus and PCI-104.
Analogue I/O solutions feature 12-bit or 16-bit resolutions, with FIFO buffers, sample rates up to 1.25MHz, and 16/32 single-ended or 8/16 differential inputs. Analogue outputs feature 12-bit or 16-bit resolution with up to 8 outputs. Many models combine analogue and digital I/O. A channel-gain table allows for good scanning patterns controlled by the hardware.
A single trigger will initiate one scan of the entire channel/gain table in burst mode, or scan the table multiple times in multi-burst mode. Pre-, post-, and about-trigger modes ensure to collect only the data required.
Advanced Digital I/O
The aDIO port provides 16 digital bits configured as eight bit-programmable and 8-bit port-programmable I/O giving you any combination of inputs and outputs. Match, event, and strobe interrupt modes mean no more wasting valuable processor time polling digital inputs.
Interrupts are generated when the eight bit-programmable digital inputs match a pattern or on any value change event. Bit masking allows selecting any subgroup of the eight bits. The strobe input latches data into the bit-programmable port and generates an interrupt.
Features and benefits
- 12-bit or 16-bit resolution A/D and D/A
- Fast operating system & driver independent, multi-range auto-calibration by onboard DSP (< 300ms)
- Programmable gain of 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, or 64
- 1k/8k FIFOs for data buffers and channel-gain table
- 16-bit user timer/counters
- 16 or 32 single-ended | 8 or 16 differential inputs
- Versatile triggering for advanced sampling
- Analogue input ranges: ±5, ±10, +10 V
- Analogue output ranges: ±5, +5, ±10, +10 V
- High speed McBSP serial port interface to dspModules
- SyncBus for multi-board simultaneous sampling
- aDIO with event and matched interrupts
- Critical analogue layout and precision low-drift parts yield good low noise characteristics
- Operating temperature: –40 to +85°C
The application areas include the demanding industrial, military, aerospace, transportation, security, and communication subsystems or installations.