Data Device Corporation represented in Australia by Allied Data Systems has introduced the RP-26200 multi-channel board as part of their EDGE Power Controller Series.
The multi-channel solid-state power controller cards are designed to protect wiring and control power for up to 16 independent subsystems.
EDGE Power Controller series products use high efficiency switching MOSFETs and on-board microcontrollers to implement highly integrated power control solutions. The device continuously monitors power on each output and trips the relevant channel during an overload or short circuit condition.
Additionally, the multi-channel power controller cards interrupt the system controller if one or more of the programmed system thresholds are crossed. Communication, control and programming are through the J1939 compatible CAN bus.
EDGE Power Controller technology delivers advanced power quality management including accurate current, voltage and temperature feedback to the system from each attached subsystem. This enables diagnostic and prognostic capabilities including condition-based and predictive maintenance.
Key features of power controller cards
- 16 independent load channels
- 8A, 10A and 25A channels with 10:1 programmability
- Total board current capability of 238A
- Channel paralleling for high current loads
Protection and Control
- Independent remote control of individual channels/ groups
- Overload (I2T) and short circuit (instant trip) protection for each channel
- Controlled rise and fall time
- Trip override (battle) mode
- SAE J1939 compatible CAN interface
- Pin programmable baud (250K, 500K or 1MB)
- Continuous Built-In-Test (BIT)
- Remote load current, voltage and temperature monitoring measurement accuracy within 5%
The power controller cards also offer low power dissipation across channels and ruggedised, conduction cooled form factor.