Data Device Corporation represented in Australia by Allied Data Systems has introduced the BU-65590A multi-protocol AMC cards providing new levels of performance and flexibility for systems interfacing to an MIL-STD-1553 and/or ARINC 429 data bus.
Up to four dual redundant MIL-STD-1553 channels operate in BC, RT, MT or RT/MT modes.
Eight ARINC 429 receive channels and four ARINC 429 transmit channels operate in high/low speed with automatic slew rate adjustment. The card also contains six digital discrete I/Os, an IRIG-B time synchronisation input, two RS-422/485 Serial I/O channels and two RS-232 Serial I/O channels.
The combination of multiple I/Os on one card provides a unique solution by combining multipurpose protocols on one card saving valuable space, power and weight in micro-TCA or ATCA systems.
Each 1553 channel uses DDC’s Extended Enhanced Mini-ACE (E²MA) architecture, which is fully backwards API-compatible with DDC’s field-proven, Enhanced Mini-ACE.
Each 1553 channel is individually configurable as a Bus Controller (BC), Remote Terminal (RT), Bus Monitor (MT) or combined RT/ Monitor.
Each ARINC 429 channel supports maximum data throughput on all channels while providing message scheduling, label filtering and full error detection. Received data can be stored in either FIFO buffers or system address label mailboxes.
Each channel features independent selection of data rate and parity, and automatic transmit channel slew rate adjustment. Transmit data can be sent in FIFO mode or scheduled rate mode on each transmit channel.
Features of the multi-protocol AMC cards
- AMC.1 four-lane PCI-Express
- Front panel I/O (100 pin Micro-D)
- Multiple configuration options with up to:
- 4 Dual Redundant 1553 channels
- 8 Receive 429 channels
- 4 Transmit 429 channels
- 2 RS-232 Serial I/O channels
- 2 RS-422/485 Serial I/O channels
- 6 user-programmable digital I/Os
- IRIG-B time code input
- 48-bit/ 1µs time stamp
- IRIG 106 chapter 10 monitor
- DMA engine for low CPU and PCI-E utilisation
- E²MA BC/RT/MT architecture - API compatible with Enhanced Mini-ACE Library
- 1 MB memory with parity per 1553 channel
- Built-in self-test
- Supports VxWorks, Linux and Windows 2000/XP