Data Device Corporation represented in Australia by Allied Data Systems has introduced the Total-ACE, a complete and compact solution for MIL-STD-1553 applications.
Featuring a footprint of just 0.6 inches by 1.10 inches, it is the world's first, fully integrated MIL-STD-1553 terminal and transformer combined into a single BGA package. The required isolation transformers (with ‘Transformer Coupled’ output ratios) are integrated within the plastic BGA package, and the device is powered entirely by +3.3 volts.
Ideal for extended temperature range applications where PC board space is at a premium, the Total-ACE is available in a 312-ball (24 x 13 matrix) BGA package, and is rated for -40ºC to +100ºC operation.
The Total-ACE is fully software and architecturally compatible with DDC's Enhanced Mini-ACE series of devices. It integrates dual transceivers, dual transformers, protocol engine and 4K words of internal RAM.
The Total-ACE's flexible generic processor interface allows direct connection with little or no glue logic to a variety of 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit processors.
- Fully integrated MIL-STD-1553 terminal and transformer
- Small package: 312 Ball BGA (1.1” x 0.6”)
- Fully compatible with enhanced Mini-ACE software and architecture
- Generic processor interface
- Extended industrial temperature range: -40ºC to +100ºC
- DO-254 certifiable
- 3.3 Volt only
- 4K X 16 RAM
- 0.185" height
- Fully integrated 1553A/B Notice 2, 1760
- Highly autonomous BC architecture
- Built-in controller with 20-instruction set
- Flexible RT buffering
- Selective message monitor with filtering
- 50% rollover interrupts for stacks and circular buffers