Represented in Australia by Allied Data Systems , Compulab has announced the release of CM-iAM modular computers, which are capable of smoothly running a range of operating systems from a low power, credit card sized board.
The specifications of these modular computers, in addition to their low cost make them well suited for embedded computing applications.
CM-iAM computer modules comprise a 32-bit x86 compatible Intel Atom Z530 CPU operating at 1.6GHz, with 1Gb DDR2 ram and a 4Gb flash disk and onboard microSD chipset.
The range of features and I/O components on these modular computers includes:
- LVDS, parallel RGB and SDVO display interfaces for LCD panels
- SATA hard disk interface
- six USB ports
- two SDIO ports
- HD audio bus and sound codec with support for speaker, microphone and SPDIF
- PCIexpress and LPC extension busses
- serial port, I2C, GPIO interface
- programmable watchdog timer; and
- 5 watt power consumption.