Custom-engineered Ride-Rite leaf spring helper kits from All Air Suspension are helping enhance the stability and safety of Toyota Hilux vehicles.
One of Australia’s most popular pickups, the Toyota Hilux has sold more than 750,000 vehicles since its debut in 1971. The top-selling commercial vehicle is widely popular as a tough vehicle for tradesmen, contractors and farmers, while also doubling up as family vehicle used for towing caravans, trailers and boats in addition to the usual compressors, tanks, tools, generators and construction materials.
Given its application range and a braked towing capacity of up to 2500kg on 4x4 models, the Hilux carries a huge variety of loads for mining, energy, trades and industrial worksites as well as outback roads, campsites and coastal resorts. All Air’s leaf helper kits help the Toyota Hilux vehicles to cope with such diverse demands by further enhancing their stability and safety.
All Air General Manager, Mr James Maslin explains that the kits are engineered to maintain the safety and stability of vehicles across a huge range of operating conditions under which they are expected to produce the same safe, stable and comfortable performance regardless of their load status.
Specifically engineered by Airbag Man for the Hilux range, the Hilux kit features heavy duty Firestone air bags, which are durable and easy to install, and designed to allow users to maintain correct vehicle ride height with enhanced steering and braking stability even under a heavy load or with a trailer.
Air springs do not increase the vehicle’s load capacity; they are designed to optimise the performance within the vehicle’s limitations and users should not exceed the Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM).
According to Mr Maslin, the kits have benefits whether the vehicle is loaded or empty, towing or not towing, because the air pressure takes the strain off existing metal springs, preventing sagging and helping them to last longer.
All Air Suspension offers specialised suspension kits for a range of different vehicles.
Key benefits of Ride-Rite leaf spring helper kits:
- Assists the existing leaf springs, providing hard working Utes with excellent ride, load carrying ability and adjustability
- Helps to maintain the correct vehicle design height and avoids any spring sag
- Optional on-board air controls allow the user to vary the pressure in each airbag without having to get out and adjust valving manually
- Assures safety when the vehicle is carrying passengers and valuable loads across uneven and varying surfaces
- Assists the vehicle in performing to design specifications without additional wear to the chassis or tyres
- Designed for easy, user-friendly installation