THE Packet-Master USB12 is a hardware USB bus analyser intended for development of low and full speed USB devices and hubs etc.
Available from Alfa-Tek , the device comes complete with their Windows application graphic USB for capturing and displaying every detail of the data interactions on a USB link.
Hardware features include:
* Power indicator
* Activity indicator shows presence of data exchanges
* Integral capture start and stop buttons and capture indicator
* USB through-connectors for device under test
* Analyses low speed (1.5Mb), full speed (12Mb) or a mixture of both
* Automatically detects speed of link under test
* Economically priced
* Fully lead free and RoHS compliant
* USB bus powered for convenience of use
* Optional external power input supply (not required, but useful if host won't configure a high-power device)
* High Speed USB (480Mb) connection to host PC
* Feature connector provides signals for oscilloscope or logic analyzer.
The Packet-Master USB12 owes a large part of its functionality to the graphic USB application, which is supplied with the unit.
A simple, yet information-rich display allows users to view every detail of a capture.
Software features include:
* Capture controlled from Packet-Master USB12 unit or from graphic USB screen
* Captured document shows every detail of data transactions graphically for a fuller understanding of the USB protocol - this includes a detailed visual analysis of each packet
* Transactions are grouped and summarised with a header row in the event pane. Control transfers are summarised with a special header row
* Filters allow less significant information to be removed from the display to allow users to concentrate on the critical data
* Each event is analysed in detail, with any significant features explained, and possible errors or warnings highlighted
* Data pane shows the data content of any packet
* Events display can be printed
* Standard software up-grades are free of charge from Alfa-Tek’s web site
* Software can be freely used as a viewer in the absence of the analyser hardware
* A multi-document interface allows comparison between captures.