According to Akron, designed for specific demands in rugged mining environments in Australia, Akron’s new sever duty water cannons have withstood rigorous laboratory and field testing.
Akron worked closely with prospective mining customers throughout the development of this product.
Dependability and serviceability were key criteria in its design and Akron Brass has delivered.
Construction: Combined investment cast stainless steel elbows and thick wall construction, with a black external polyurethane painted finish. Joint bodies are machined from aluminium alloy with and bronze internal worm gear.
- 65mm (2 ½”) waterway
- Max flow rate 2900LPM (750GPM)
- Max operating pressure 1400kPa (200psi or 14 Bar)
- Inlet 2 ½” female NPT
- Outlet 2 ½” male NH outlet (BSP adaptors can be supplied upon request)
Motors (choice of):
- 12 volt dc electric motors
- 24 volt dc electric motors
- 450psi rated hydraulic motors
Fire ground proven programmable logic box with current limiting feature eliminates the need to replace expensive and unreliable relay switches and continual breakdown due to motors burning out.
Unique UHMW-PE (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) Polyethylene continuous joints to give 20 times the contact area compared to ball bearing joints. No greasing is required.
Quick and simple servicing both bearing joints and motor/gearbox are simple cartridge replacement. Full service/repair and installation instructions and technical manuals are available upon request.
The Style 3491 Electric water cannon features a standard proven joystick control system with upgrade options for stow, auto oscillation, trigger control for valve control and other options available. Style 3492 Hydraulic model can be controlled either by direct hydraulic or an electric over hydraulic controls.
Nozzle options are:
- Solid bore tips
- Electric adjustable fog / straight stream
- Hydraulic adjustable fog /straight stream
- Manual foam induction
- Electric foam induction nozzle
- Quick and easy to install
UHMW-PE Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene:
- UHMW Polymer is a linear polyethylene with a molecular weight in the range of 3,000,000 to 6,000,000. This value represents the average molecular weight.
- Therefore, UHMW Polymers have a molecular weight average 10 times that of conventional high density polyethylene resins.
- The higher molecular weight is what gives UHMW Polymers a unique combination of characteristics making it more suitable for many applications where lower molecular weight grades fail.
- Advantages of UHMW-PE Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene:
- The high abrasion resistance of any thermoplastic polymer
- Outstanding impact strength even at low temperatures
- A good sliding material due to the low coefficient of friction Self-lubricating (non-caking and sticking)
- Sound dampening properties Good chemical and stress cracking resistance, easily machined
- Compact sized
- Low centre of gravity
- High performance nozzle options
- Proven electrical package
- Choice of power supply packages
- Maintenance free swivel joint
- Interchangeable motor drives
- Common parts inventory
- Simple to install
- Push to shoot Joystick trigger