Used in conveyors in food, packaging and hygiene-sensitive environments, these tiny pneumatic actuators can exert forces of more than 0.45kN @ 3.5 bar while lasting for millions of cycles in demanding applications without product failure or performance degradation.
The compact Firestone 70-P-13 Airomatic Polyactuators, introduced to Australasia by Air Springs Supply stand just 16mm high deflated yet have a stroke of more than 12.5mm.
Air Springs Supply Sales Manager James Maslin comments that these tough moulded plastic actuators offer major benefits of affordability, cleanliness, compact installation and trouble-free performance when used in gravity conveyor lines.
Firestone developed the Airomatic Polyactuators to satisfy the need for very small spaces and light forces. Designed without pistons, rods or sliding seals, the pneumatic actuators are not impacted by problems arising from friction, bending, scoring and wear in these areas.
Originally designed for the conveyor industry, the actuators assist in conveyor transfer sections and roller brakes, but can be used in almost any application requiring very small pressure and stroke.
Key advantages of Firestone pneumatic actuators:
- Maintains full structural integrity, flexibility and shape over extended periods of service
- Does not require maintenance and is not prone to the problem of actuator ‘set’
- Easy to clean and not prone to leaking of compressed air due to wear
- No seals or rods, making them ideal for frequent washdowns in hygiene-sensitive applications
- Diameter of only 76mm with high strength
- Fabricated of moulded plastic elements welded together in a sealed unit
- Easily customisable to meet requirements for various materials handling and processing applications
The Airomatic Polyactuator is one of the latest and the smallest members of the Firestone actuator and isolator family that includes Airstroke actuators and Airmount isolators in individual stroke capacities up to 40,000kg and measuring up to a metre across.
Firestone Industrial Products, distributed in Australia by Air Springs Supply manufactures a world-leading range of air springs.