Pronal’s seamless inflatable lifting cushions distributed in Australia by Air Springs Supply can delicately raise heavy loads in awkward site conditions such as soft ground, confined trenches, crash recovery areas and uneven earthworks. Conventional lifting technologies can create hazards in these site conditions.
Cranes put to use at remote sites may find overhead room insufficient. Lack of stability underfoot may make it difficult to employ lifters that may produce high point loads both on the ground and on the object being lifted.
The Pronal range of CLT lifting cushions available from Air Springs Supply Pronal can be used in confined spaces underneath inaccessible loads ranging from engines and plant, through to foundations of bridges, buildings, machinery, pipeline structures and resource development rigs requiring lifting for inspection and repair.
Pronal’s lift cushions have been proven worldwide in projects as diverse as lifting locomotives and heavy vehicles through to submersible types used to raise artefacts from the ocean liner Titanic, sunk nearly 4km deep in the Atlantic.
Types of Pronal seamless inflatable lifting cushions:
- Ultra-thin bags (just 20mm thick deflated) that can lift weights of more than 65 tonnes each
- Powerful spreading cushions that can exert hundreds of tonnes of force to part plant and machinery components for servicing, or to extract quarried material
- Complementary low-pressure CPB Maxi-Lift cushions can be used on land and under water, offering greater strokes of up to 700mm
He explains that cranes, slings or cylinders may not be the right choice for lifts with particular technical challenges in terms of lifting surfaces or surfaces to which lifting force is to be applied.
He suggests that companies consider the simple principle of pneumatic actuation when planning significant investments in custom-engineered conventional lifting platforms.
Key features of Pronal lifting cushions:
- Can be used for straight lifting as well as pressing, clamping, tilting and guiding
- Strokes from 70-585 mm (CLT), with longer strokes provided by combinations of cushions
- Available in standard sizes as well as specific sizes and shapes made to order
- Ease of use, with inflation either by compressor or simple air cylinders
- Inflation pressures up to 8 bar, regardless of stroke
- Constructed from threaded layers coated with chemical-resistant elastomer, hot vulcanised under pressure
- Non-slip surface provides maximum friction when stacking two cushions
- Control systems tailored to particular uses
- Ideal for confined space lifting applications