Pronal, producer of flexible actuation, isolation and liquid storage technology, are introducing new ranges to Australia through their national distributor Air Springs Supply .
The French elastomer and plastomer technology specialists are the organisation that developed the tough lifting tanks used to pluck artifacts from the ocean liner Titanic nearly four kilometres down on the ocean floor.
Pronal’s global range of standard and custom-fabricated products used to lift, push, press, seal and store include inflatable products tough enough to split rocks in quarries, to hoist trucks and locomotives for service, to store water for civil emergencies and industrial use and to rapidly seal off pollution and safety threats in pipelines.
In addition to good strength, the technology offers even and gentle application of force in applications as diverse as packaging and bottling, sealing of critical surfaces in industrial equipment and delicate maneuvering of heavy equipment (such as pipelines) over uneven, subsiding and rugged surfaces.
Pronal products, now available in Australia, include:
- Pronal lifting cushions, which are highly portable hoisting devices that can provide delicate heavy lifts. They are safe and easy to use. Capable of raising up to 67,000 kg per unit in standard form, their typical applications extend across a broad range of mobile uses in the mining, industrial, civil rescue, military, aviation and automotive sectors.
- Pronal lifting Bags are pneumatic devices offering perfect distribution of thrust. They are especially designed and shaped to perform mechanical functions such as pushing, pressing, guiding, clamping, blocking, damping, lifting and moving. They are ruggedly constructed from high-resistance fabric coated with synthetic rubber formulated for industrial environments.
- Pronal inflatable stoppers are used to: test pipes for leaks under pressure (joint testing); isolate pipes for maintenance (inspection stoppers); temporarily seal pipes to avoid runoff of toxic materials (pollution stoppers); provide highly portable and re-usable medium and high-pressure stoppers for offshore use; provide high-pressure, self-contained stoppers for specialised uses, from power stations to nuclear plants.
- Pronal inflatable seals are used for applications where a perfect seal is required. Typical uses include sealing, pressing, handling, flanging, isolating, plugging, testing, protection or verification operations. Available either as original equipment or spare parts, they are frequently applied in pipes, tubes, conduits and machinery and installations involved in the industrial, mining, mineral processing, offshore, energy and safety sectors.
- Pronal flexible tanks provide a better solution to liquid storage and transporting challenges. Available in capacities up to 500 cubic metres, the technology is simple, quick to deploy and cost-effective. Pronal offer several product ranges for air, sea and ground storage and for transportation of fluids in addition to water.
- Pronal palletising grippers are designed to safely, securely and gently grip plastic and glass bottles during palletising and de-palletising. Used for a wide range of food and beverages, they have been demonstrated in Australian service to reduce breakages.