Air Springs Supply have introduced new ranges of Pronal seamless inflatable lifting cushions. These inflatable lifting cushions incorporate the strength of Kevlar textile, which is the same fibre used in body armour, racing tyres and racing sails.
Pronal CLT cushions are capable of handling up to 65 tons and safely handle tricky lifts, where there is limited space to work. These CLT cushions can delicately raise loads ranging from heavy vehicles, pipelines and plant through to beams, bridge components, building components, machinery and resource development structures.
Pneumatic actuation, isolation and suspension specialists, Air Springs Supply are distributors for the stock shape and custom-fabricated lifting cushions engineered by French elastomer specialists Pronal, the organisation that developed lifting tanks for plucking artifacts from the ocean liner Titanic nearly four kilometres down on the ocean floor.
Pronal CLT cushions range from ultra-thin bags (just 20mm thick deflated) that can lift weights of up to 65 tonnes each to spreading cushions that can exert hundreds of tonnes of force to part plant and machinery components for servicing, or to extract quarried material. Complementary low-pressure CPB Maxi-Lift cushions can be used on land and under water, offering greater strokes of up to 700mm (or 1400mm where a pair are employed).
According to Air Springs Supply’s National Sales Manager Simon Agar, the Pronal CLT cushions are constructed of Kevlar textile coated by rubber, further increasing their safety co-efficient and resistance to penetration. The Kevlar textile is five times stronger than steel and suitable for repetitive work in harsh environments, including construction, energy, industrial, resources and civil engineering sites.
The cushions combine the advantages of durability and power with gentle, precisely controlled lifting that can spread the load over broader surfaces of the object being lifted, rather than point loads. They can be used in confined spaces underneath the inaccessible loads ranging from engines and plant, through to foundations of bridges, buildings, machinery, pipeline structures and resource development rigs that require lifting for inspection and repair.
Various features of the product include:
- Construction from thread layers coated with chemical-resistant elastomer, hot vulcanised, under pressure, in one operation
- Strokes from 85-500mm, with longer strokes provided by combinations of cushions
- In addition to standard sizes, specific sizes and shapes can be made to order to suit particular applications
- Ease of use, with inflation either by compressor or simple air cylinders
- Removable inflation connector
- Inflation pressures up to eight bars, regardless of stroke (CPB pressures vary from under one bar, depending on model)
- Non-slip surface providing maximum friction when stacking two cushions
- Cross-marked for easy centering of the cushion under load
- Can be used for pressing, clamping, tilting and guiding
- Control systems tailored to particular uses
- Available with a diverse range of optional accessories designed for different applications
- Basic safety rules inscribed on the cushions