Air Springs Supply introduces some of the world’s most compact pneumatic actuators for production and materials handling machinery applications, including conveyors, metal fabrication plant, packaging lines and food and beverage production lines.
The three smallest Airstroke actuators from Air Springs Supply Pty Ltd extend in size down to the palm-sized M Series with extremely compact minimum (collapsed) height of fewer than 40mm and strokes up to 80mm.
The compact Airstroke range of actuators - in force capacities from 250kg to more than 900kg - are designed to be simpler and cheaper to engineer into demanding applications requiring smaller size with higher standards of simplicity, reliability and cleanliness.
The following are some of the features of the these compact Airstroke actuators:
- Identical in construction to the larger members of the Firestone Airstroke family in capacities up to 40,000kg.
- Rugged and clean fabric-reinforced rubber construction proven over millions of cyles in demanding applications throughout Australian industry.
- No internal moving parts to wear or break, making them suitable for use in heavily soiled areas.
- Low air pressure requirements, which means they can be powered by the typical 7 bar (100psi) compressed air supplies commonly found in factories and workshops.
- No internal rods, pistons, sliding seals, or other components that require lubrication or protection from dirt and grit in applications ranging from food and beverage production through to metal fabrication and forming.
- Reliability further enhanced by their ability to bend through angles up to 27deg without the complexity of a clevis.
- They can tolerate slightly off-centre loading without damage to the actuator.
- Tough, clean fabric-reinforced rubber construction and lack of need for lubrication makes them highly suitable for use in food and beverage production.