Air Springs Supply offers Coil-Rite supplementary air suspensions from Firestone.
Many drivers may not appreciate the differences in vehicle behaviour they may encounter between an unladen vehicle and one towing a caravan, boat or trailer.
The heavier loads on brakes, suspensions and vehicle frames generate hazards that can remain hidden until a heavily loaded vehicle gives in to poor roads, bad weather, inadequate brakes or overloaded springs.
“The issue is becoming more apparent in recent times because of the greater number of people who tow,” says supplementary air suspension specialist James Maslin, National Sales Manager of All Air Suspension.
All Air Suspension provides a solution to the problem of requiring specific suspension settings for ordinary driving and towing.
The company’s distribution network – working nationally with Airbag Man – offers Firestone Coil-Rite supplementary air suspensions with durable polyurethane airbags that fit inside existing coil springs to provide levelling control to a vehicle when under load, enabling comfort and stability.
The system enables owners of towing vehicles as well as work and recreational vehicles to adjust for varying loads and road conditions by simply inflating or deflating the airbag similar to a tyre.
The Coil-Rite system provides extra support for front and rear coil springs in cars, vans, 4WDs, SUVs and motorhomes.
Coil-Rite supplementary air springs are used for front-to-rear and side-to-side levelling control of a vehicle. This enables a vehicle to level up when towing caravans, boats and trailers or when a vehicle is carrying heavy, uneven loads.
Coil-Rite supplementary air suspensions are engineered to withstand the rigours dished out to coil sprung suspensions over widely varying road surfaces.
Benefits of Coil-Rite supplementary air suspensions include:
- Maintaining a level vehicle with adjustability for different conditions
- Maximising safe load carrying capacity
- Increasing vehicle stability and braking performance
- Improving steering, balance and ride quality
- Greatly reducing ‘bottoming out’ and coil suspension fatigue
- Keeping headlights aimed on the road and not in the face of oncoming traffic
- Reducing tyre wear
Other adjustable suspensions include:
- Firestone’s Ride-Rite system, which uses the same type of airbag employed in heavy trucks and is suitable for heavy duty applications involving leaf springs
- Airbag Man On-Air kits replace the vehicle’s coil springs with heavy duty air springs, providing a fully adjustable air suspension