Air and Hydraulic Systems have released the new generation ball valve from Austrian valve manufacturer, Praher Valves. The new PVC ball valve series S6 is available in sizes of DN10 to DN50, with ball seats in PE or PTFE and O-Rings in FPM or EPDM.
Quality of assembly is ensured as a result of the fully automatic robotic assembly system developed for the S6 series which has an increased pressure rating of 16 bars.
Manufactured from PVC-u resin suitable for drinking water applications, S6 ball valves are certified food grade to NSF, ACS, WRAS and IIP, as well as being UV stabilised.
The new PVC ball valve series S6 has the following benefits:
- Compact design for easy installation
- Special ‘saw tooth’ thread, with optimised convolutions for fast and simple assembly of the union nuts
- Double-block retention of the ball for security, combined with an adjustable thrust collar to compensate for ball seat wear
- Double O-Ring seals on the shaft for leak resistance
- No mechanical finishing of components is required, and this combined with fully automatic assembly, ensures consistency of torque values and tightness of each valve
The complete range of Praher thermoplastic valves, including the new S6 ball valves, is available from Air and Hydraulic Systems.