Agilent Technologies has announced that Zeugma Systems has chosen Agilent’s Network Tester Layer 4-7 Test Solution to verify the real-world performance and stress resilience of its new Zeugma Services Node (ZSN) service delivery router (SDR).
Agilent Network Tester, with its wire-speed performance and industry’s broadest range of natively supported multiplay applications, was used to verify the ZSN’s service delivery performance under complex traffic conditions found in real-world networks.
Network equipment manufacturers and service providers alike must verify that their multiplay network solutions are able to deliver critical network services to millions of subscribers while maintaining high levels of quality of service and user experience.
Zeugma Systems’ ZSN is an ideal service delivery router that combines highly scaled computational resources with next-generation capacity, service awareness and subscriber awareness in a carrier-grade, fully redundant system.
Zeugma Systems uses Agilent Network Tester to simulate hundreds of thousands of broadband subscribers that are using both walled garden and over-the-top (OTT) applications.
Generating gigabits of real VoIP, VoD, IPTV, P2P and OTT Application traffic, Network Tester also validated the dynamic policy-based Quality of Service enforcement by the ZSN on a highly granular per-subscriber, per-service basis.
“Network Tester’s ability to generate realistic multiprotocol traffic mixes at high scale allowed us to subject our equipment to conditions of load and stress to simulate our customers’ broadband networks,” said Trevor Dyck, Product Manager with Zeugma Systems.
“Service providers are deploying new revenue-generating services on their broadband networks, and the ZSN is a critical element in allowing these services to generate revenue.”
“The Network Tester provides us a way to simulate these new revenue-generating services and validate our equipment’s functionality such as QoS-enhanced OTT Video and URL Filtering.”
The Agilent Network Tester provides comprehensive Layer 4-7 multiplay performance and stress resilience test capabilities, including:
- More than 20 natively supported multiplay applications, including multiple flavours of VoIP, VoD, IPTV and Internet Data -- for ideal testing realism
- Integrated network access protocols, such as IPSec, PPPoE, DHCP and VLANs, for realistic subscriber simulation
- Integrated DoS attacks, network exploits, traffic impairments and virus/worm simulations for security and stress-resilience testing
- real-time MOS and MDI measurements on per-stream, per-call basis, as well as live voice and video decoding for in-depth multiplay Quality-of-Experience analysis and
- Built-in end-to-end test capability for comprehensive performance analysis of distributed network infrastructures