Available from Agilent Technologies , the PHD-4 portable helium detector is a light and portable unit that is able to detect very small leaks in objects that have a slight helium or air pressure inside.
Sensitive to helium concentrations as small as 2 ppm, which is equivalent to a leak rate of 5 x 10-6atm-cc/sec, the PHD-4 portable helium detector's sensitivity relies on Agilent Technologies' patented selective ion pump detection technology.
Weighing just 2.6kg including the extended life battery, PHD-4 portable helium detectors are easy to use with no training required. All tuning and zeroing is handled automatically and the display language can be set to either English, French, German, or Italian.
Key features of PHD-4 portable helium detectors from Agilent Technologies include:
- replaces or can be used with existing methods, such as bubble test or pressure decay
- state of the art microprocessor control allows great simplicity of operation
- fully automatic start-up
- ready for test in less than three minutes
- excellent selectivity for helium allows users to read helium leaks and ignore all other gases
- adjustable helium sensitivity to minimise test costs and helium consumption
- can operate on battery or mains power.