Agilent N4917A optical receiver stress test sets provide accurate as well as repeatable conformance and characterisation test results.
Made for use in the communications and storage industry, design and test engineers can now accurately characterise and verify standard conformance of receive optical sub assemblies (ROSAs) as well as transceiver modules operating up to 14.2 Gb/s, commonly used in 10 Gb Ethernet and 10 G Fibre Channel networks.
Optical component vendors are continuously driving optimisation and redesign of optical transceivers used in IEEE 802.3ae 10GbE, IEEE 8.03ba 40GbE, 100G Ethernet and next-generation Fibre Channel networks.
The growing demand for optical short-reach connections increases the demand for testing 850 nm multimode transceivers and subcomponents. R&D and test departments need flexible test equipment that allows accurate characterisation and compliance testing for new receiver designs.
Agilent currently offers a complete optical receiver test solution for 10 GbE-LR/-ER and 10 G Fibre Channel. This solution is now extended to address testing of short-reach transceivers such as 10GBASE-SR, 40GBASE-SR4 and 100GBASE-SR10.
The extended Agilent N4917A optical receiver stress test set provides R&D and test engineers with a complete test solution.
Key benefits include:
- Accurate test results with calibrated injection of optical modulation amplitude (OMA), extinction ratio (ER) and vertical eye closure penalty (VECP)
- Reduction in programming and setup time by automating conformance and characterisation tests
- Choice of two reference transmitters:
- A new one for 850 nm multimode fibres
- An existing one supporting 1310 nm and 1550 nm single mode fibres
- Solution is based on existing Agilent instruments such as the J-BERT and Infiniium DCA-J, which can be used for accurate characterisation in other gigabit applications up to 28.4 Gb/s
Key features of Agilent optical receiver stress test solutions:
- Calibration and automation software as well as stress conditioning unit with fibre optic cable kit
- Reference transmitter for 1310 nm/ 1550 nm single mode fibres and 850 nm multimode fibres
- Accessory kits for single mode and multimode fibres
- J-BERT N4903A/B high-performance serial BERT
- 86100C/D Infiniium DCA-J