The PXA X-Series spectrum analysers from Agilent Technologies now come with eight new measurement applications covering a range of industry standards in cellular communication, wireless networking, digital video and various general purpose applications.
Additionally, three new measurement applications have been added to Agilent's MXA and EXA signal analysers portfolio while the LTE FDD, LTE TDD and EDGE Evolution applications have also been updated.
The new measurement applications are used in R&D, design validation and production to ease the following processes:
- Physical layer testing for 3G/3.5G/3.9G cellular, wireless and digital video applications
- RF testing for general purpose applications
- Wireless networking applications such as 802.16 OFDMA and Bluetooth cellular applications, including GSM/EDGE/EDGE Evolution and TD-SCDMA
- Digital video applications including DTMB and CMMB
- General purpose applications including analogue demodulation and SCPI remote language compatibility
Measurement applications for EXA/MXA
New measurement applications for EXA and MXA include Bluetooth, SCPI language compatibility and an external source control option.
Updated measurement applications for LTE FDD and LTE TDD
The updated LTE FDD and TDD measurement applications now feature:
- New in-band emissions and spectrum flatness measurements with pre-set limit lines for UE transmitter conformance test
- New downlink transport layer decoding for PBCH, PCFICH, PDCCH and PDSCH channels
- New conformance EVM measurement optimised for measurement speed for manufacturing throughput
- Support for UE-specific RS for LTE-TDD
Updated measurement applications for EDGE Evolution
The updated EDGE Evolution measurement application now supports new capabilities being defined in Release 9 of the 3GPP GERAN standards. These capabilities include:
- Voice services over adaptive multi-user channels on one slot (VAMOS)
- Evolution of GSM for doubling GSM voice capacity
- Multi-carrier GSM (also known as MC-BTS)
The X-Series spectrum analysers offer support for both MC-BTS and VAMOS.
All the new and updated measurement applications use a hardkey/ softkey manual user interface in addition to the SCPI programming capabilities. This is particularly beneficial in automated testing processes such as design validation and manufacturing.
The new N9081A Bluetooth measurement application (also new for MXA/EXA) is compliant with Bluetooth core specification version 2.1+ EDR and Low Energy (LE), making the X-Series the only signal analysers to offer Bluetooth LE support.
The N9062A SCPI remote language compatibility measurement application allows the PXA, MXA and EXA signal analysers to emulate Rohde & Schwarz FSP, FSU and FSE spectrum analysers in remotely- controlled automated test equipment systems.