Agilent Technologies has expanded its mixed signal and digital storage oscilloscope portfolio with 26 new models that incorporate breakthrough technology that allows advanced capabilities to be included in affordable instruments.
These new oscilloscopes comprise Agilent Technologies' next-generation InfiniiVision 2000 and 3000 X-Series oscilloscopes that are set to revolutionsie the field of engineering education.
The new Agilent InfiniiVision 2000 X- Series oscilloscope offers bandwidths from 70 MHz to 200 MHz and boasts an extremely fast waveform update for superior viewing of signal detail and capture of infrequent events.
With optional 8-channel mixed signal oscilloscope capability and an optional integrated function generator, 2000 X-Series oscilloscopes offer more capabilities to engineers and educators with highly constrained equipment budgets.
The new Agilent InfiniiVision 3000 X-Series oscilloscopes step up performance while holding prices in line, offering bandwidths from 100 MHz to 500 MHz and waveform update rates of 1,000,000 waveforms per second. Options include a 16-channel mixed signal oscilloscope, an integrated function generator, and hardware-accelerated serial protocol decode.
Electronic design and test teams in a range of industries continue to produce increasingly sophisticated hardware. Engineers and technicians use oscilloscopes as their primary tools to test and debug those designs. Additionally, educators need affordable, industry-grade oscilloscopes to help prepare the next generation of engineers for success.
Ph.D. Co-Director of the A.J. Drexel Nanotechnology Institute of Drexel University, Adam Fontecchio, is confident that new Agilent InfiniiVision X-Series oscilloscopes will revolutionise the field of engineering education.
"The ability to upgrade hardware capabilities after purchase through software add-ons opens new possibilities for continually updating course content to adapt to the changing needs of global engineering markets and to keep our engineering students on the cutting edge of instrumentation and practical skills," says Fontecchio.
At the heart of the InfiniiVision X-Series oscilloscopes is an Agilent-designed custom 90-nm CMOS ASIC with 6M gates and embedded memory. This MegaZoom IV single-chip architecture enables fast waveform update rates and responsive deep memory, along with an integrated logic analyser, function generator, and protocol analyser functionality so engineers and educators have highly advanced scope performance at economical prices.
"With the InfiniiVision 2000 and 3000 X-Series, we focused on delivering industry-leading signal viewing capabilities, and we added options for an integrated function generator and brought our MSO technology into the economy scope segment for the first time," says Jay Alexander, Vice President and General Manager of Agilent's oscilloscopes business.
Agilent InfiniiVision X-Series oscilloscopes offer a range of benefits for engineers and technicians, such as:
- extremely fast update rates of up to 1,000,000 waveforms per second, which with MegaZoom IV technology minimises blind time and maintains responsiveness with deep memory enabled 8.5-inch WVGA display, which offers twice the viewing area
- lightweight (4lb) with a small footprint (15" x 6") for easy portability and to conserve bench space
- optional integrated mixed signal oscilloscope capability for time-aligned digital and analog signal viewing
- optional integrated function generator
- optional hardware-accelerated serial protocol analysis (on the 3000 X-Series models only)
- fully upgradable (including bandwidth) so engineers and technicians can purchase what they need today and add capability as their performance needs evolve
- optional measurement software packages add functionality
- segmented memory for analysis of laser pulses, radar bursts and serial packets
- hardware-accelerated mask testing to quickly perform pass/fail analysis using known good waveforms
- hardware-accelerated serial decode and trigger for I2C, SPI, CAN, LIN, I2S, RS-232 and other UARTs (available only on the InfiniiVision 3000 X-Series).