Agilent Technologies introduces a new line of high performing 67 GHz PNA-X Series vector network analysers (VNA).
The new N5247A 67 GHz PNA-X vector network analysers enable engineers working up to 67 GHz to benefit from Agilent's single-connection, multiple-measurement PNA-X platform.
N5247A PNA-X can be used in a wide range of microwave applications including active device characterisation and tests, device modelling, high-speed digital applications as well as material research.
The N5247A PNA-X delivers +10 dBm output power, 110 dB system dynamic range and a 0.1 dB receiver compression point of +11 dBm specified at 67 GHz. These specifications are 8 dB more output power and 7 dB more dynamic range than any other VNA in the industry.
The superior performance enables the N5247A PNA-X vector network analysers to provide a highly accurate linear and nonlinear active component characterisation in a single instrument.
Key features of Agilent N5247A PNA-X vector network analysers
- Clean internal dual sources, a built-in combiner and path switches to enable a unique single-connection solution for S-parameters, noise figure and intermodulation distortion (IMD) measurements
- Allows many other measurements required for testing active devices up to 67 GHz including pulse, gain compression, harmonics and spectrum for amplifiers, mixers as well as frequency converters
- Reduces equipment count by 50 percent and decreases test time by a factor of four to 20 times by integrating the capabilities of a full rack of equipment into a single instrument
- Single contact solution for on-wafer tests eliminates the need for multiple probe contacts and operator intervention, enabling accurate characterisation and reliable wire-bonding
- Expandable to a 2-port or 4-port 110 GHz single-sweep solution for millimetre-wave measurements
- Provides power levelling, true differential and frequency converter measurement capabilities
- Characterises mixers/converters and differential devices with continuous measurements over the entire operating frequency range
- Provides superior performance and reduced cost of ownership offering a direct replacement for industry-standard 8510XF broadband 110 GHz system
Agilent is additionally releasing new features for its award-winning nonlinear vector network analysis (NVNA) software that runs on the PNA-X platform.
The NVNA measures X-parameters, a new category of nonlinear network parameters for deterministic, high-frequency design that can be used to characterise components' linear and nonlinear behaviour.
New X-parameter measurements include:
- Two-tone X-parameter measurements
- Multi-tone waveform measurement and analysis
- Three-port device characterisation
- Fundamental only X-parameters
Data generated from these new X-parameter measurements can also be imported into Agilent's ADS, Genesys and SystemVue for accurate simulation and design.