Agilent Technologies Inc. has introduced real-time expert analysis tool for UMTS release 6 networks enabling R&D, system test and operations engineers to rapidly troubleshoot, deploy and optimise mobile networks for UMTS evolutionary technologies.
Today's 3G UMTS networks are evolving to deliver increased capacity, reliability and data performance.
As mobile network operators shift focus from increasing downlink data rates, they face a new challenge deploying UMTS High Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA) and other release 6 features without impacting the quality of existing services.
Mobile operators are further challenged to adapt the transport layer to support the increased needs of the evolving radio access network.
As a result, operators must manage a hybrid of ATM and IP-based radio access networks that interoperate seamlessly.
Agilent's J7837A 3GPP R6 HSUPA technology option for the J7830A UMTS signalling analyser platform is the solution to deliver a real-time troubleshooting and expert-analysis system for evolving UMTS networks.
Network equipment manufactures and operators now have a single integrated analysis environment to test and optimise HSUPA and other release 6 features within mixed RAN environments without sacrificing the ability to optimise already-deployed technologies.
The key benefits of the Agilent UMTS signalling analyser's real-time troubleshooting and expert-analysis system for 3GPP R6 HSUPA are:
- Reduces time-to-test with auto-detection of E-DCH transport channels
- Provides complete visibility to all signalling with 3G deciphering and RLC/MAC reassembly features
- Includes fully integrated call trace that automatically correlates control and
- User plane messages plus support for HSUPA transport channel switching and mobility scenarios
- Has a full protocol and statistics suite for 3GPP release 6 with expert-analysis tools, enabling rapid identification of network problems
- Provides HSUPA optimisation tools that integrate throughput, retransmission, flow control and quality metrics with call trace including top-down drill down functionality
- Correlates trend analysis with the ability to graph multiple different measurements types together on the same display
- Supports enhanced Uu correlated analysis with import of Agilent's E6474A NITRO drive test data and
- Supports both ATM and IP based UTRAN for troubleshooting within hybrid UMTS networks
According to Agilent, in a landscape of rapid 3G network evolution, operators are challenged to cost-effectively deploy new features and services.
Agilent's signalling analyser solutions for the UMTS evolution enable operators to protect existing investments in tools and infrastructure while minimising the costs associated with deploying new technologies.
The J7837A 3GPP R6 HSUPA technology option for Agilent's J7830A signalling analyser is available now.