Agilent Technologies have introduced the FieldFox handheld RF analyser, an integrated handheld instrument for wireless network installation and maintenance (I&M). The FieldFox handheld RF analyser improves RF field engineers' and technicians' productivity to perform base station I&M efficiently and accurately.
Key measurements include cable and antenna test from 2 MHz to 4/6 GHz, spectrum analysis from 100 kHz to 4/6 GHz, vector network analysis, and true average power measurements.
The Agilent FieldFox handheld RF analyser is the RF tool for base station I&M that is calibration-ready at the test port. It combines multiple RF measurement capabilities in one rugged, compact and lightweight package and can tackle complex wireless networks with test times.
Agilent Technologies’ FieldFox handheld RF analyser can make return-loss and distance-to-fault measurements at the same time. This allows users to quickly check system performance and identify potentially degraded system components simultaneously.
Following are the features of Agilent Technologies’ FieldFox handheld RF analyser:
- Integrated QuickCal eliminates the need to carry a calibration kit into the field, simplifying cable and antenna test and providing worry-free accuracy and repeatability with every measurement.
- Immediate calibration with FieldFox's CalReady makes the unit calibration ready at the cable and antenna test port immediately following power-up or preset.
- A task-driven user interface derived directly from standard field test procedures guide performance tasks.
- Sweep speed reduces time-to-problem resolution with test times
- Fast fault location with 1001-point resolution and 96-dB dynamic range in the spectrum analysis mode.
- Field usability with its lightweight (6.2lbs.), transflective display, backlit keys, simple data transfer and modern connectivity. The water-resistant chassis withstands wide temperature ranges and humid environments, meeting tough environmental standards (MIL-PRF-28800F).