Agilent Technologies introduces the Agilent 86122C multiwavelength meter to its existing line of wavelength meters.
Renowned for their reliability and durability, Agilent wavelength meters are popular on the manufacturing floor as well as engineers' benches, and robust enough to be installed on ships.
Offering an absolute wavelength accuracy of ±0.2 ppm and ±0.15 ppm differential accuracy, the Agilent 86122C belongs to the top class of wavelength meters available for optical communication testing. Its wavelength range of 1270 to 1650 nm covers all fibre-to-the-home, metro and long-haul transmission systems.
Agilent 86122C multiwavelength meters can measure the spectra of up to 1,000 laser lines at once, which is more than sufficient for fully populated dense-wavelength-division multiplexed systems (DWDM).
Continuously fine-tuning its instruments for lower cost of ownership and longer usage, Agilent has extended the recommended recalibration period of the 86122C to two years, and doubled the expected lifetime of the built-in reference laser. The new multiwavelength meter comes with a five-year warranty that covers not only the reference laser, but all opto-mechanical and electronic parts.
Manufacturers of tuneable transmitters and other laser sources with critical wavelength requirements rely on wavelength meters that are proven to work 24 hours a day, seven days a week. With the 86122C's five-year standard warranty, two-year recommended recalibration period, and doubled laser lifetime, Agilent helps customers minimise costly manufacturing downtime.
Key benefits of the Agilent 86122C multiwavelength meters:
- New, long-life stabilised reference laser reduces downtime
- 5-year warranty on the entire instrument as standard
- Recommended recalibration period is two years
- Warm-up time for specified accuracy is just 15 minutes
- Built-in measurement applications for optical signal-to-noise ratio, wavelength and power drift
- Angled-connector option available to avoid influencing non-isolated sources
- Instrument software based on Microsoft Windows 7 ensures continued support