Agilent Technologies has introduced a compact network analyser, the Agilent E5061B, that analyzes a frequency range as low as 5 Hz up to the RF (radio frequency) range of 3 GHz. This network analyser's broad range and versatility eliminates the need for additional low-frequency-dedicated instruments.
Applications for the Agilent E5061B, part of the ENA series of network analysers, include general RF-network measurements, such as filters or amplifier tests, and LF (low frequency) measurements necessary for loop-gain evaluation of DC-DC converters. The E5061B's frequency coverage is suitable for power distribution networks (PDN) measurements, which evaluate the quality of a DC power supply circuit. This type of evaluation is increasingly important, especially in high-speed digital communication equipment.
Features of the Agilent E5061B include:
- S-parameter test port, 5 Hz to 3 GHz, with a wide dynamic range of 120 dB at > 1MHz, 90 dB at < 100 Hz;
- gain-phase test port, 5 Hz to 30 MHz, switchable 1 MO/50 O input;
- compact form factor with a 254-mm depth, requiring less desktop space.
- DC bias source from 0 to ±40 Vdc, which can be added to AC test signal (for both S-parameter and gain-phase test port) or can be used as a sweepable DC source
The series includes:
- Agilent E5071C network analysers (9 kHz to 8.5 GHz /300 kHz to 20 GHz)
- Agilent E5061A/62A network analysers (300 kHz to 1.5/3.0 GHz)
- Agilent E5061B network analysers