The latest additions to Agilent’s extensive optical power meter portfolio include the two- channel N7747A and four-channel N7748A designed to bring the industry-leading sensitivity of the 81634B sensor module to the compact multichannel N77 platform, with updated memory size and data transfer speed.
The Agilent N7747A and N7748A optical power meters enable engineers to make parallel multiport measurements and monitor weak signals and small signal changes with high precision in communications or sensing applications, for instance.
Agilent's new high-sensitivity optical power meters can detect power levels down to -110 dBm and log data at intervals down to 25 µs with up to 1 million points per channel. An equally large data buffer supports simultaneous measurement and data transfer.
All these features allow engineers to easily monitor signal stability and transient events for long periods.
Key features of Agilent N7747A and N7748A optical power meters:
- Up to eight power meter channels fit in a single 19-inch rack height unit
- Each channel has a front-panel BNC connector delivering analogue output voltage proportional to the measured signal
- Can be used with N77xx viewer software for simple control and reading
- Programmable with the same set of SPCI commands as the rest of Agilent's optical power meter portfolio
- Latest version of 816x VXI plug & play driver adds support
- Computer interfaces provided for USB 2.0, LAN and GPIB
- Provides high sensitivity, low noise and solid stability
- High relative accuracy with extremely low polarisation dependence and spectral ripple as well as specified linearity