Agilent Technologies has introduced a high-precision PXIe frequency reference module to their growing line-up of more than 60 PXI and AXIe modular products.
Designed to generate clean 10-MHz and 100-MHz signals for high-performance RF systems, the M9300A module has been designed by Agilent for applications that require a low phase noise, 100-MHz local oscillator such as those in a wide variety of wireless and aerospace/defence test systems.
The new frequency reference is packaged into a one-slot PXIe module and uses a fractional-N design to minimise phase noise and spurs. The M9300A features the ability to lock to an external reference from 1 to 110 MHz and provide flexibility with multiple outputs, all with excellent performance:
- Five 100-MHz outputs each with nominal phase noise performance of < -166 dBc/Hz at 10 kHz offset and > 10 dBm output amplitude
- One 10-MHz output
- One 10-MHz OCXO timebase output with phase noise of < -158 dBc/Hz at 10-kHz offset
- Can be used with Agilent M9380A CW Source or M9381A PXIe vector signal generator to achieve high-performance specifications including greater speed
- Conformance to the PXI standard allows use in any PXI system where PXIe or PXI-H slots are available, regardless of vendor
- Instrument control provided through a soft front panel
- Programmatic interfaces tuned to the customer's application development environment of choice
- Agilent IO Libraries Suite enables fast and easy integration into existing test environments