Agilent Technologies have announced a comprehensive solution for testing SuperSpeed USB 3.0 devices to ensure compliance with the new published standards.
At the first USB 3.0 Developers Conference in San Jose, California, Agilent Technologies demonstrated their new USB 3.0 transmitter and USB 3.0 receiver compliance test solutions. This demonstration included the first USB 3.0 signal quality test fixture. The compliance test solutions enabled engineers to quickly and accurately test their USB 3.0 designs.
Agilent Technologies compliance test solutions incorporate the final USB 3.0 specification announced by the USB-IF. USB 3.0, known as "SuperSpeed USB" is an alternative to USB 2.0 and makes power usage more efficient. SuperSpeed USB is necessary for data-storage devices transferring more than 25 Gbps.
According to Agilent Technologies, they are working with the developers of the SuperSpeed USB technology to make sure the compliance test solutions meet the needs of engineers testing for USB 3.0 compliance. To further improve the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 solution, Agilent Technologies are collaborating with beta partners.
Agilent Technologies complete design, simulation and testing solutions include:
- Infiniium DSO/DSA91304A 13-GHz oscilloscope for transmitter testing
- Agilent USB 3.0 transmitter compliance test application
- Agilent USB 3.0 test fixtures J-BERT N4903A, a high-performance serial BERT with jitter tolerance test for characterising USB 3.0 SuperSpeed serial communication links
- Agilent ADS simulation software for creating and analysing USB 3.0 channels
- Agilent VNA/PNA network analyser N5230C-245 for measuring and analysing USB 3.0 channels