Agilent Technologies introduces the high-speed M9703A eight-channel, 12-bit digitizers designed to comply with the AXIe open standard for use in large-scale applied physics applications.
Ideal for large-scale system configurations that pack 40 channels within a single 4U Agilent M9505A AXIe chassis or 80 channels into just 8U of rack-mount space, M9703A digitizers offer twice the channel density of comparable solutions, making them well-suited for challenging experiments in particle physics, nuclear fusion, hydrodynamics and microwave radio astronomy.
Didier Lavanchy, Agilent's high-speed digitizer operation manager explains that the new AXIe digitizer drastically simplifies the creation of very dense data acquisition systems that include a large number of high-speed synchronous channels with wide dynamic range.
Key features of Agilent M9703A digitizers:
- Single-slot AXIe module with four- or eight-channel acquisition capability running at 1 GSa/s to 3.2 GSa/s
- Can provide more than 1 GHz of instantaneous analogue bandwidth
- Also enables long acquisitions with very large on-board memory of up to 4 GB
- Provides a four-lane (x4) PCI Express Gen 2 backplane, enabling sustained data transfer rates of up to 1 GB/s to ensure high throughput
- Four on-board Xilinx Virtex-6 FPGAs enable optimised measurement throughput and support future implementations of high-performance data processing
- Compliant with the AXIe and AdvancedTCA standards