Agilent Technologies introduces a high-resolution, wide-bandwidth, 8- or 12-GSa/s modular instrument to its portfolio of arbitrary waveform generators.
The new instrument delivers bandwidth, speed and accuracy to simulate real-world radar, satellite and electronic warfare test scenarios.
Precision arbitrary waveform generation is required for realistic testing of low-observable aircraft systems and for high-density communications used in satellite communications systems.
Capable of delivering high resolution and wide bandwidth simultaneously, the new M8190A arbitrary waveform generators also provide industry-leading spurious-free dynamic range and very low harmonic distortion.
This unique functionality allows radar, satellite and electronic warfare device designers to make reliable, repeatable measurements and create highly realistic signal scenarios to test their products.
The M8190A arbitrary waveform generator helps engineers:
- Build a strong foundation for highly reliable satellite communications
- Generate multilevel signals with programmable ISI and jitter up to 3 Gb/s
- Meet market requirements with future-ready AWG technology
Key features of Agilent M8190A arbitrary waveform generators:
- 14 bits of resolution and up to 5 GHz of analogue bandwidth per channel simultaneously
- Up to 14 bits of resolution allows designers to easily distinguish between signals and distortion in their test scenarios and stress their devices more rigorously
- 2-GSa of waveform memory allows designers to create longer and more realistic test scenarios
- Reduced system size, weight and footprint with compact modular AXIe AWG capability
- Proprietary digital-to-analogue converter designed by the Agilent Measurement Research Lab facilitates exceptional performance
- Fabricated with an advanced silicon-germanium BiCMOS process, the DAC operates at 8 GSa/s with 14-bit resolution and at 12 GSa/s with 12-bit resolution
- Runs on an AXIe modular system designed for high-performance instrumentation
- Can be used with a 2-slot or 5-slot chassis