Prior to this design breakthrough, the only way to achieve this combination device was to piggyback separate potentiometers onto the back of rotary switches.Now, the potentiometers in these units are an integral part of the rotary switches, visually appearing as just another switch deck. Both switches and potentiometers can be controlled independently via a concentric shaft arrangement.
This approach necessitated significant mounting hardware to hold the assembly together and some type of linkage between the two parts, impacting size, weight and potentiometer shaft play.
Designed to maximize human factors considerations, the JANCO Unique Combination Switch Potentiometers feature remote actuation solenoid / motor driven with manual override and on/off linear switch function available (i.e., microswitch push to actuate)
Some of the features of the JANCO Potentiometers include:
- Custom configurable from 1K ohms to 20K ohms resistance
- Custom configurable stops
- Potentiometers can be stacked similarly to rotary switch decks
- Concentric shaft for separate controls for the switch and potentiometer
- Time proven JANCO Series "A" rotary switch
- Up to 12 positions available
- Environmental and operating characteristics per Mil-S-3786