Leading mobile computing provider Advantech has launched its latest range of industrial mobile data terminals that combine all the useful functions of fleet management with in-vehicle surveillance.
The new Advantech TREK-668 mobile data terminals will benefit fleet owners, public transportation and emergency services with high resolution video and DVR, cellular connectivity, and real-time location and vehicle diagnostic information. A powerful multi-tasking, certified, in-vehicle computer, the TREK-668 features a 7-inch vehicle display system with a slim and sleek design for mobile resource management applications.
The TREK-303DH display supports an automotive-grade working temperature range (-30°C to 70°C), and a resolution of 800x480. The display system is also compatible with TREK box solutions with a single cable connection. TREK-303DH can be easily controlled from the button located on the side; for night driving the panel has an auto detecting light sensor to automatically adjust brightness.
The TREK-668 mobile data terminal supports GPS tracking and positioning, as well as dead-reckoning, which allows a truck to be traced even if the driver is in a tunnel. All common in-vehicle computer interfaces are available including CAN bus and the new J1939 protocol, which allows TREK-668 to interface easily with a vehicle's systems for real-time diagnostics and driver behaviour information, keeping passengers safe and allowing vehicles to operate longer.
Designed for rugged transportation applications, TREK-668 accommodates a wide-range power supply from 9~32 VDC, certified by ISO 7637, e mark and SAE J1113. It also has a software controlled ignition on/off delay for accurate vehicle power management.
TREK-668’s built-in communication modules include GPS, WLAN and WWAN (CDMA/GPRS/HSPA+), allowing real-time location and driver behaviour telemetry to be sent back to a control centre.
Key features of Advantech TREK-668 mobile data terminals:
- Multiple I/O interfaces provide interconnectivity with a combination of up to 12 analogue camera channels, one IP camera channel, and multiple displays
- 7” vehicle display system
- Powered by a dual core Intel Core N2600 processor at 1.6Ghz and DDR3 memory up to 2GB
- Supports high-quality MPEG-4, MJPEG, H.264 hardware encoding
- Provides high definition D1 resolution video with DVR recording from two externally accessible SSD or SATA 2.5" MHDD drives with key protection
- One PSE for a digital IP camera and a dual display interface, which supports different resolutions
- Each camera input provides motion detection
- Two externally accessible trays with a 2.5” HDD or SSD slot
- Mechanical design can resist shock and vibration in the vehicle environment, avoiding problems from system crashes or data loss
- HDD/SSD mechanical design with a USB interface allows users to efficiently upload data
- Reliable onboard DVR storage records all video and tracking data
- Withstands vibration and shock and meets all CE/FCC/E-mark, MIL-STD-810G, ISO 7637-2, SAE J1455, SAE J1113 regulations and certifications
- Can operate in extreme environments supporting a wide working temperature range (-30°C to 70°C) with a thermal design and extruded aluminium heat spreader