The Advantech Industrial Automation Group has introduced two new media converters to their EKI-3000 family ‘Light Industrial’ unmanaged switch line-up.
Advantech’s SC type fibre optic industrial media converters share the same compact housing design featured in their EKI-3000 family of unmanaged switches.
The two new fibre optic industrial media converters consist of the EKI-3541M, a multi-mode version designed to send data up to a distance of 2km, and the EKI-3541S, a single-mode version designed to send data up to 30km.
Key features of EKI-3541M and EKI-3541S industrial media converters:
- Converts Ethernet networks to fibre by transparently converting the Ethernet signals to optical
- Wide bandwidth, EMI immunity, and long distance transmissions as advantages
- Simple plug and play installation ensures network administrators can get up and running quickly and easily
- Administrators instantly alerted to faults on the device network through Link Fault-Pass technology, which sends the error signal through any available port
- Compact size also allows the devices to be installed in a small cabinet
- IP40 certification for light industrial usage
- Operating temperature range of -10°C to 60°C for various industrial environments
- Operating voltage range of 8.2 to 52.8 VDC
- 4,000 VDC surge (EFT) protection against over-voltage, increasing suitability for harsh operating climates