The current tight economy is encouraging manufacturers to make equipment investments and bring cutting jobs in-house. In order to remain competitive, shops have to provide their customers with the best combination of product cost, quality and delivery time.
Investing in in-house CNC plasma cutting machines can help meet delivery deadlines and improve product quality with higher productivity ensuring lower costs.
The new SMART XR plasma cutters from Advanced Robotic Technology offer reliable plasma technology at a low investment cost with no compromise on level of performance or features.
Key features of SMART XR plasma cutters:
- Available in 1.6m and 1.9m wide process areas to work with most commonly available sheet and plate sizes and thicknesses
- Large user-friendly touch screen controller runs the latest version of ART’s ProfileShop CNC machine software, providing unparalleled usability over all machine functions
- On-screen displays give up-to-date information on settings with alerts for low gas pressure
- Controller features a comprehensive internal database optimised with settings for each material to ease the cutting process
- Fully integrated with Hypertherm’s 4th generation PowerMax plasma torches enabling operators to easily cut previously hard-to-process metal
- Smart Sense technology automatically adjusts gas pressure to the cutting mode and consumable selection
- Spring Start technology in the electrode increases reliability by eliminating moving parts in the torch body
- PowerMax systems run on shop air eliminating need for bottled gases
- Intelligent torch height control (THC) ensures correct piercing and cutting by providing optimal height during cutting for good results and long consumable life
- Integrated THC includes an initial height-sensing mechanism and voltage control settings
- High-speed AC servo motors coupled to quality German planetary gear and rack and pinion drives work in conjunction with advanced motion control algorithms to give high quality cut
ART offers comprehensive on-site training, phone support and long warranties on the new SMART XR plasma cutters.