Pyrotector fuel tanks, now available from Advanced Fuel Tanks , are two-hour fire resistant tanks that feature a double skin steel lining, providing 100% secondary containment.
Offering a lightweight solution for fuel storage, these tanks are ideal for:
- diesel truck stops
- transport yards
- non-retail sites
- remote airfields
- industrial sites; and
- other areas where clearance distances are not critical.
To meet the demands of a two-hour fire resistant environment, Pyrotector fuel tanks have been designed to comply with various international regulations to ensure their suitability for the storage of flammable and combustible liquids.
As they feature a secondary containment tank to provide maximum protection, these tanks require no additional bunding. The secondary tanks are both pressure and vacuum testable on site.
A UL rated emergency vent is also incorporated on these tanks for maximum safety, which controls the pressure in the tank in extreme fire conditions to eliminate the possibility of an explosion. Standard free to air venting controls pressures changes experienced in normal conditions.
Available in cylindrical and rectangular configurations in a wide range of sizes, Pyrotector fire resistant fuel tanks also feature:
- international approvals and third-party certification
- emergency venting for primary and secondary containment
- interstitial monitoring capability
- a three-coat industrial painting system for maximum protection
- multiple compartment tank configurations
- integral pedestal supports provide seismic anchoring
- low transport costs due to light-weight construction
- cylindrical constructions up to 110,000 litres
- rectangular constructions up to 7,000 litres; and
- a 10 year warranty.