Adept Electronic Solutions presents a new range of smart cameras designed for barcode reading and optical character recognition (OCR) applications.
Introduced by Teledyne DALSA, leaders in machine vision systems, BOA IDR smart cameras are multi-featured, low-cost and compact products with diverse, industry-wide applications, helping manufacturers identify parts and error-track during production.
Based on the highly flexible and award-winning original BOA camera, the new BOA IDR is an all-in-one, general purpose small vision system for bar code reading and OCR in a compact smart camera package.
BOA IDR smart cameras are image-based identification and verification cameras that allow manufacturers to automatically identify parts for traceability and error proofing.
Combining 1D and 2D reader tools with OCR and pattern recognition capabilities, BOA IDR comes complete with embedded software and processing to identify or verify that all required product markings are correct when they leave the factory floor.
Key features of BOA IDR smart cameras:
- User-friendly operation with embedded IDR software and setup through a web browser interface
- Easy to navigate controls accommodate users of all experience levels
- Advanced features provided for more complex applications
- User administration controls and logging features also included to help customers achieve system validation when required
- Integrated smart camera with ID software
- Ultra-compact, light and reliable
- Robust design with IP67 housing for harsh and washdown environments
- Mono CCD sensor
- Direct connection to standard vision lights
- Part validation, traceability, verification and error-proofing
- Date, lot and product code validation
- Printed text and pattern verification
- Label presence, placement and validation
- Cap presence and placement
- Tamper proofing
- Robot guidance