Many industrial processes require the moving of bulk material. These can be materials like metal oxides, ceramics or plastic in powder form, granules or pellets.
PIAB vacuum conveying systems are the optimum method of moving these materials, cost effective with high handling capacity and easy to install.
Vacuum is used with great advantage in order to convey dry powder products through dedicated pipe systems.
PIAB's vacuum conveying systems are built of strong components of high quality. Its objective is to offer solutions that help customers raise their productivity.
Production of food, pharmaceuticals and chemical products demands high possible degree of safety as to hygiene and operation.
PIAB's new series of vacuum conveyors has been developed as an answer to the severe requirements of operational safety and hygiene in the food, pharmaceutical and chemical industries.
The result of 25 years’ product development:
- All materials have received FDA approval
- Optimised design for high standards of hygiene
- Few moving parts for minimised maintenance, easy to dismantle and clean
- Modular construction for simple matching to your specific production environment
- Even higher conveying capacity
- New, more efficient vacuum pump
- Higher degree of filtration due to larger filter area and new filter materials
- Best possible traceability
- Grade AISI 316L stainless steel
Advantages of PIAB vacuum conveying:
- Lower maintenance
- Lower energy consumption
- Better working environment
Perfect for powders and granules:
Industries that produce foodstuff, pharmaceuticals and chemical products have discovered the advantages of vacuum conveying. PIAB, which has developed vacuum conveying systems for 25 years, is the leader of the industry.
Friendly - both to your health as well as to the environment:
Different powders require different vacuum levels in order to be conveyed. With PIAB vacuum conveyors you just set the energy consumption exactly according to the prevailing conditions.
Performance from 0 to 65 feet in one second:
The vacuum technology offers you powder conveying at express speed at up to 65-foot long systems, the sum of vertical and horizontal conveying. 15 tons per hour have been measured at short distance tests with a PIAB vacuum conveyor under favourable conditions.
Easy to install any place:
PIAB’s systems can be easily adapted to your production environment due to few components, small dimensions and low weight. The modular system facilitates the installation. The basic unit is delivered on a drop-key basis.
The products are made of stainless, highly polished steel (ASTM 316L). The material is acid-proof and has strong characteristics.
Reliable and easy to maintain:
PIAB systems require a minimum of maintenance. They are easy to clean, and filter cleaning is automatic. Operation and control are fully pneumatic in standard design.
The design of the conveyor and PIAB's vacuum pumps offer high possible operational safety.
The conveyors are, first and foremost, adapted to the food and pharmaceutical industries.
Principle of vacuum conveying:
- Vacuum is generated by a compressed air-driven PIAB vacuum pump A. The pump can easily be controlled automatically. Since it has few moving parts, the pump is virtually maintenance-free
- The bottom valve B is closed, and vacuum is raised in the container C and the conveying pipeline D
- From the feed station E the material is drawn into the conveying pipeline and then on to the container
- The filter F prevents dust and fine particles from being drawn into the pump and escaping into the surroundings
- During the suction period, the air shock tanks G are filled with compressed air
- When the material container is full, the vacuum pump is stopped. The bottom valve opens and the material in the container is discharged. At the same time, the compressed air in the filter tank is released and cleans the filter
- When the pump is restarted, the process is repeated and a new cycle begins. The suction and discharge times are normally controlled by pneumatic or electrical control systems H
Range of vacuum and blow systems are also available from Adelaide Pneumatic Sales. They offer the following features.
- Precision handling contributes to higher print quality
- Shorter make-ready time contributes to increased production
- Well controlled paper handling minimises the risk of operational stoppages
- Simple and effective design reduces service to a minimum
- Reduce your plant energy consumption
- Increase plant reliability
- Increase plant safety
- Increase equipment flexibility
PIAB not only offers components but can provide energy saving solutions. PIAB focuses on matters relating to energy saving, cycle time, safety, product rejections and flexibility.
The vacuum conveyors are available from Adelaide Pneumatic Sales.