The Combi-RT poultry forklifts are the latest addition to Combilift’s popular range of space-saving 4-way forklifts.
Developed specifically for the poultry sector, the Combi-RT was recently introduced into the Australian market by Combilift Australia together with their national distributor Adaptalift Hyster, with four orders already lined up, according to Chris Walker, Combilift Australia’s National Sales Manager.
Combi-RT poultry forklifts incorporate several design features that offer wide ranging benefits for producers and operators while reducing the stress levels and bio security risk for enhanced welfare of broilers.
Combilift Ltd Ireland MD, Martin McVicar explains that the latest range of poultry forklifts has been purpose-built after taking the exact requirements of catching, handling and transportation into account to speed up the whole process in a more streamlined and quieter way.
The operator can pick up empty modules from the trailer and lower the mast without any loss of speed to take them directly to the waiting catchers, eliminating any danger of the module collecting litter on its base as it travels through the poultry house.
Additionally, the full free mast minimises any chance of impact damage to door structure, drinker and feeder equipment to address both bio security and H&S concerns.
Key features of Combi-RT poultry forklifts:
- Clear view 3 stage mast with full free lift as standard
- Low profile allows working outdoors and under low level eaves inside the poultry house
- Full free mast minimises any chance of impact damage to door structure, drinker and feeder equipment
- Large diameter tractor grip tyres, all wheel traction with differential lock feature and 300mm ground clearance enable smooth operation
- Small turning radius contributes to reduced disturbance of litter
- Smooth controls of drive and mast functions for gentler and quieter handling of the full modules
- Robust construction for reliable operation in harsh applications
- Low maintenance costs thanks to easy access to components for servicing
The Combi-RT was developed by Combilift along with Keyo Agricultural Services, one of the largest providers to UK’s poultry processing sector.
Keyo’s Director Mark van den Bos is particularly impressed with the high level of operator comfort offered by the Combi-RT in typically harsh environments.
Key comfort features in the Combi-RT poultry forklifts include a deep suspension seat and ample leg room, which reduce fatigue for enhanced health and safety in addition to the offset driving position and excellent visibility through the mast that provide a good view of the modules and enable them to be easily slotted into place on the trailer.
Reliability and ease of maintenance are strong plus factors in the Combi-RT, given the harsh operational environment where feathers and dust can easily get into the vehicle’s cooling and fuel system.
Extremely robustly built and engineered to minimise these risks with sealed radiator and oil coolers as well as an enclosed rear wheel arch to prevent litter build-up in the chassis, the Combi-RT poultry forklifts are easy to clean and disinfect prior to transportation.
Combilift forklifts are available in Australia from Adaptalift Hyster .