Coogee Chemicals is a privately owned copper sulphate producer in Western Australia with operations across 11 sites around Australia and in Malaysia. The company produces a wide range of industrial, agricultural and mineral processing chemicals for Australian as well as international markets.
Coogee Chemicals decided to invest in the Hyster reach stacker to eliminate specific issues they had with handling chemicals that required contract crane hire. Jeff Muller, Queensland and NT operations explained that Adaptalift Hyster was chosen as their preferred supplier because of Hyster’s overall build quality, competitive pricing and availability of support.
Coogee’s Mt Isa fleet contains one reach stacker and a 2.5T forklift. The reach stacker is predominately used by Coogee Chemicals to pick up and store iso-tanker containers that hold a reagent product supplied to the Mt Isa Mines to assist in the manufacturing of Xanthates.
The Hyster reach stacker will significantly improve productivity and handling times for the Mt Isa site, resulting in considerable costs savings and improved flexibility for Coogee Chemicals.
Key features of Hyster RS45-31CH reach stackers:
- Designed for high density container stacking applications usually up to 5-high and 3-rows deep
- Modern clean-running diesel engine, oil-immersed brakes, robust drive-axle and advanced auto-shift transmission
- Delivers maximum productivity and reliability during operation in demanding conditions
- Transmission and engine management systems ensure protection against potentially damaging operational procedures
- On fault detection, engine protection and monitoring system initially derates the engine power and shuts down the engine
- Highly efficient hydraulic system features ‘Two-Speed Lift’ and ‘Power on Demand’ functions
- Vista Cab provides excellent visibility for drivers thanks to a standard Powered Sliding Cab
- Air-conditioning and tropical cooling system for additional cooling of the engine and hydraulic systems
- Operates in ambient temperatures of up to 50ºC