Two Combilift multidirectional forklifts from Adaptalift Hyster were selected by Steel Frame Solutions as their materials handling equipment of choice for their manufacturing and storage site at Wendouree in Victoria.
Extremely happy with their return on investment, Steel Frame Solutions lists increased storage capacity at site, improved handling times and reduced operator risk as key benefits of the Combilift forklifts.
Designed for handling long loads, Combilift multidirectional forklifts are a leading brand in Australia, nationally distributed and supported by Adaptalift Hyster for over 10 years.
Steel Frame Solutions is a leading fabricator of steel roll formed building materials as well as prefabricated walls, frames and trusses. With growing storage requirements and increase in stock turnover, Steel Frame Solutions sought a suitable solution to meet their requirements.
Ian Wakefield, General Manager - Manufacturing at Steel Frame Solutions said that the company was looking for a material handling solution that would suit site conditions such as concrete surfaces within the manufacturing plant, asphalt in high traffic areas in the yard and gravel in the remainder of the yard.
After much consideration and on-site assessments by Adaptalift Hyster, Steel Frame Solutions purchased two models, the Combilift C4000 and CB2500 as their preferred multidirectional long load forklifts for their superior adaptability and durability.
The previous multidirectional forklift did not quite perform well on the gravel surfaces in addition to yard maintenance issues and incapability for yard tasks.
Ian Wakefield adds that safety was a key factor in purchasing the Combilifts since the aim of the project was to reduce risk by eliminating the need to carry long products at height to get the materials around the storage yard or in and around the manufacturing plant.
Key advantages of Combilift C4000 and CB2500 multidirectional forklifts:
- Patented 4-way steering system enables the machine to travel sideways with long loads, allowing reduced racking aisle width and improved handling times
- Can operate in narrow driveways, allowing increase in storage area
- Manoeuvrability allows decrease in the load width for truss and wall packs
- Dramatically reduces load handing time
- Eliminates problems caused by narrow aisles and doorways
- Specifically designed to handle long loads safely
- Enclosed cabin gives the driver full 360-degree visibility at all times
- Loads can be transported at low levels using the integrated platform
- Greater stability and lower risk from keeping the load at a low centre of gravity
- Increased driver visibility from carrying loads lower saves time from ease of transportation
- Daily tasks can be completed by drivers with ease and without driving in reverse constantly
- Tested to CE machinery directive and compliant with ANSI/AMSE, B56.1 requirements